We get a lot of questions about this spot in South Mountain Reservation. And getting to this NJspots-follower favorite waterfall is easy! There are also a few things you can do here:
- Play with your dog in the shallow falls
- Explore the top of the falls
- Continue hiking Lenape Trail
- Explore the rest of South Mountain Reservation
- Park in this parking lot – See details below.
- After you’ve parked your car, walk down the hill right out of the parking lot onto the hiking path. Continue about a quarter of a mile down until you hit the Lenape Trail on your left at the bottom of the hill.
- Once you’ve turned left, you’ll walk down a trail with a stream on your right side. Keep walking down this path! You’ll first pass a stone bridge (on your right) and a smaller waterfall (on your left).
- Keep going! You’re almost to the falls and probably have heard them by now.
Fairy Houses: Along the Rahway trail, at the end of this hike, you will find quaint, miniature “fairy houses” made entirely from natural materials to blend in with the surroundings.
How long is Hemlock Falls hike?
Hemlock Falls hike is a popular destination for hikers and nature lovers alike. The hike is approximately 4 miles long and takes around 2-3 hours to complete. As you make your way along the trail, you’ll be treated to stunning views of the surrounding forest and the cascading waterfall at its peak. You’ll find opportunities to take breaks at scenic overlooks or rest stops along the way. There are also plenty of places to explore off of the main trail, such as creeks, abandoned homesteads, and hidden waterfalls. All in all, Hemlock Falls is an ideal location for a day trip or weekend excursion. Whether it’s a stroll or an extended exploration, Hemlock Falls has something for everyone!
Where to park for Hemlock Falls NJ?
Hemlock Falls NJ offers a variety of parking options. The main parking lot is located on the falls’ south side, near the park’s entrance. There are several additional lots throughout the park, providing plenty of convenient parking spaces to accommodate visitors. There is also street parking available in some areas around the park. All lots provide free parking, so no matter where you park your car, you won’t have to worry about paying for it. Additionally, there are bicycle racks located throughout the park if you decide to ride your bike instead of driving. With so many options available, Hemlock Falls NJ makes it easy for visitors to find a place to park and enjoy their time at this beautiful natural wonder.
You made it!
You can hang out at the bottom of the falls, or take the stairs to the left of the falls to walk around up to (please watch your step).