Summer 2019 is almost here — and it’s going to be awesome. What’s more a celebration of summer than a night out under the lights, sounds, and smells of a good old fashioned carnival, complete with popcorn, cotton candy, and rides that make you dizzy? Grab your friends, family, and neighbors and let’s get out and about in New Jersey.
After a day of fun in the sun visiting your favorite hiking spots or beaches, enjoy the shared experience of supporting your very own hometown vendors, artists, and musician by visiting a summer fair or festival, NJspots style.
- Visit Belmar Beach for the Belmar Sand Castle Contest: Wednesday July 17 8am-3pm (17th Avenue Beach, Belmar)
- Visit Jersey Girl Brewing and help fight Pancreatic Cancer at the Project Purple Pizza Party on Saturday, August 10 from 5pm-8pm.
- The Fifth Annual NJ Taco Festival will be making it’s way to Sussex County Fairgrounds Saturday, September 7! Not only will they be serving up NJ’s best tacos and delicious beers, but you can also catch a live Lucha match and a Chihuahua beauty pageant. If you’re brave enough, the PuckerButt Pepper Company presents the Guinness Book of Records Reaper Pepper Eating Challenge at 4pm – good luck! The Festival is open 10am-8pm.
- June 2: Hasbrouck Heights Street Fair, Hasbrouck Heights (10am-5pm)
- June 2: Denville Street Festival, Denville
- June 2: Pequannock Street Festival, Pompton Plains (11am-5pm)
- June 6-9: Wharton Carnival, Wharton, MacKinnon Middle School (times vary)
- June 13-16: Tri-County Fair, Rockaway (times vary)
- June 19-22: Our Lady of the Lake Carnival, Sparta (6pm-10pm)
- June 20 – July 7- State Fair Meadowlands, East Rutherford (times vary)
Visit the Meadowlands Environment Center on your way!
- June 1, 2: NJ Rennaissance Faire, Bordentown (11am-6pm)
- June 2: Garwoods Rocks!, Garwood (10am-5pm)
- June 4-8: Feast of St. Anthony, South Plainfield (times vary)
- June 12-15: St. Ann’s Italian Festa, Raritan (times vary)
- June 22: Sourland Mountain Festival, Hillsborough (3pm-10pm)
- June 23: Dunellen Fair and Craft Show, Downtown Dunellen (11am-5pm)
- June 23: Firefly Festival, Princeton (4-9pm)
- June 23: Wine & Chocolate Festival, Monmouth (8am-5pm)
- June 1-2: Sharrott Winery Wine and Music Festival, Winslow Township (12pm-5pm)
- June 6: Glassboro Summer Fest, Glassboro (5-9pm)
- June 10-15: St. Charles Carnival, Cinnamonson (times vary)
- June 22: NJ Beer Festival – Aboard the Battleship, Camden (1pm-5pm)
- June 22-23: Fantasy Faire, Millville (10am-5pm)
- June 22-23: Blueberry Festival, Whitesbog Preserve (10am-4pm)