There’s no place like New Jersey for the holidays. Between the stunning foliage around Thanksgiving and the snow-covered trees at Hanukkah and Christmas, Jersey sets the picture-perfect scene for warm family traditions.
Besides giving us something beautiful to look at, The Garden State also boasts a bounty of autumn produce, such as sweet potatoes, pumpkins, acorn and butternut squash, beets, leeks, kale, carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, apples, cranberries, and Brussels sprouts, to name a few! Don’t forget the other important local goods, such as honey, dairy, meats, and eggs. This recipe guide will help you support your local farmers and serve up the most amazing spread this holiday season.
Drinks & Appetizers
Start the party off right with warm cocktails and small bites made with Jersey Fresh ingredients.
- Mulled Spiked Apple Cider
- Apple Brandy Mulled Wine
- Cheese Board
- Autumn Focaccia Bread
- Rainbow Carrots with Green Goddess Dip
Make your first course light and fresh!
- Roasted Pumpkin Kale Salad
- Beet, Arugula, and Goat Cheese Salad
- Winter Citrus Salad
- Creamy Apple, Celery, and Goat Cheese Salad
Warm up with a cozy bowl of soup before the main course.
Call your local butcher and reserve a fresh organic, pasture-raised turkey or ham. Ask them where it’s from, and keep checking until you find Jersey Fresh meat!
What is a holiday meal without the sides? I even prefer them to the bird!
- Cheesy Garlic Potato Gratins
- Apple and Golden Raisin Bread Stuffing
- Maple Glazed Roasted Butternut Squash
- Parsley New Potatoes with Ghee
- Charred Brussels Sprouts with Pine Nuts
- Orange Maple Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- Rosemary Roasted Sweets and Beets
- Quick and Easy Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
And last, but not least, DESSERTS
- Crustless Fresh Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Classic Apple Dumplings with Brown Sugar Caramel Sauce
- Warm Apple Galette with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Gluten Free Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
- Roasted Butternut Squash Pie
- Cranberry Lemon Upside Down Cake
So there you have it — a Jersey fresh menu that will be the centerpiece of your family gathering. Wishing you the best and brightest holiday season, from The In Season Kitchen and NJspots family to yours!